Two Unbelievable Reasons Why Paralegal Resumes Get Tossed
Are You Guilty of This?
By Chere B. Estrin
Are you sending your paralegal resume out with little or no response? Are you thinking about seeking a new position but not sure whether your resume will meet the test?
Let’s talk turkey. I hear over and over from paralegals telling me:
- They don’t know why they are not getting interviews
- They have sent their resume out dozens of times with minimal results
- The market is flooded with resumes like theirs
- They think they are rejected because it absolutely, positively has to be age, gender or racial discrimination
- They think they are rejected because they are over or under qualified.
Wow. All I can say is, Wake Up Paralegal Community! Aside from having to have an absolutely stellar resume (and I mean not only qualifications but the format and look of the resume has to have appeal), paralegals must have a perfectly worded resume to get in the door – even in this crazy market where there are clearly more jobs than candidates and firms are desperate. Really desperate. It’s not only Walgreens or McDonalds that are hurting for good candidates.
Here are the most common (and un-communicated) reasons why your resume is tossed.
It is entirely accurate when you hear that most employers scan your resume for…..